We had a small get together at home and we cooked our fav smoked beef dish. Thought we’d share it with you all. Again like most of my dishes – non fussy and super tasty.
- 8-10 Dried red chillies
- 1/2 kg smoked beef
- 4 tablespoons of dried bamboo shoot
- 8-10 pieces of strands of sun dried spring onion
- ~500 ml of water
- Salt to taste
- Cut each of the smoked beef into 2″- 3″ pieces
- Put the smoked beef and chilies in a heavy lid utensil – put in salt and mix thoroughly
- Pour water , cover the lid and bring it to a boil and cook till done
- Clean and wash the dried spring onions, chop
- Just 5 minutes before you turn off your gas (after your meat is fully cooked) put in the chopped dried spring onions and dried bamboo shoot.
- Mix well and cover the lid and keep it for 5 mins.
Serve with steamed rice, with vegetable and chutney on the side.