Today we are sharing the recipe of the most popular ‘egg curry’ – straight from a Naga kitchen. Anyone who is looking for a quick and wholesome homemade meal, this may be your tastiest option yet. So let’s get cooking!
- Mustard oil (as required)
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium size onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium tomato (Sliced)
- 1 capsicum (sliced)
- 100 gms curd
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 tsps Black pepper powder
- 2 tsps turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 2 tsps veg masala
Directions to Cook:
- Pour some oil in a pan, and lightly fry the boiled eggs (whole). After 2-3 mins, take out the eggs
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan, and put the sliced capsicums and tomatoes, and stir them well until soft. Take them out and make it into a paste
- Now add the curd, turmeric powder, vegetable masala, tomato & capsicum paste, ghee and sugar. Mix them well
- Add the slighly fried boiled eggs, and season with salt and pepper
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes
- In another pan, heat some oil and fry the thinly sliced onions, until it turns crispy and brown in color
- Add the brown onions to the egg curry.
Egg Curry with brown onions is ready to be served. Serve with steamed rice.
Contributed by Caroline Thong.
Latest posts by kesangunuo (see all)
- Recipe of Machihan | Naga Chutney Made with Bitter Gourd. - June 9, 2017
- Recipe | Egg Curry With Brown Onions - June 1, 2017
- Recipe | Indian Arrowroot Flower Chutney – Naga Style - May 28, 2017