Today’s recipe, Kangshoi, meaning broth, comes from our lovely reader Yuimi Vashum. It is best eaten with rice. Serve it hot on a chilly rainy day.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 big potato
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium tomato
- 100 grams spinach (or any leaf)
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 green chilly
- 4 to 5 pieces of dry meat (4 or 5 inches) or dry fish
- 1 table spoon of mustard or cooking oil
Directions to cook:
- Chop the potatoes into cubes.
- Thinly slice the onions, tomatoes and chilli.
- Grind ginger and garlic.
- Add potatoes, onions, chilli, dry meat or dry fish, and tomatoes into a pot.
- Add water, 2/3 the level of the food in the pot on the stove.
- Add salt and mustard/cooking oil and let it boil. (if you are using dry fish, make sure to fry it first before you add in the pot).
- In about 10 minutes, add ginger and garlic.
- Let it cook for 5 more minutes and check if the potato is cooked. If it is, mash.
- At this point, you can add the spinach.
- Let it boil for 2-3 minutes and you are ready to eat!!!
Contributed by Yuimi Vashum.
Latest posts by Roots & Leisure (see all)
- “My Ultimate Goal is to Give Back to My Community” | Face Reveal : Meet Vilina, TERI University Student cum Content Manager, R&L - August 19, 2018
- “This is How I Juggle Classes, Campus Fun and Working with R&L” | Face Reveal: Naro, Content Manager, R&L - August 5, 2018
- Local Fashion Brand “Shipen-Shisang” from Nagaland Celebrates Women with Their Spring Summer ‘18 Collection - June 8, 2018