Here is a Naga pork recipe contributed by R&L reader Elika. It’s another super delicious smoked pork recipe – with the aroma of axone and sesame seeds. Easy to cook, but will leave an unforgettable taste for a long time!
Smoked pork cooked with Axone (fermented soya beans), and Sesame seeds. Best served with Rice.
- 1/2 kg Smoked pork (cut into 1″ cubes)
- 2 tbsps of Black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Axone
- 4-5 gloves of garlic
- 1″ Naga ginger
- 1 tbsp Red chilly powder
- Salt to taste
Directions to cook:
- Roast the diced smoked pork in it’s own fat till there is enough oil coming out to cook the rest of the ingredients.
- Add salt, garlic, red chilly powder and cook till the meat is almost ready.
- In a separate pan, roast black sesame seeds and roughly pound them.
- Now add the sesame seeds and axone/akhuni (fermented soya beans) to the meat and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with a bit of roughly pounded Naga ginger and serve.
Serve hot with steamed/boiled rice. Bon Appétit!
Hi! I am Elika from Nagaland and I love food! Join me in my food adventures 🥘. Currently based in Kolkata, India.
Latest posts by Elika Awomi (see all)
- #Recipe | Naga Smoked Meat Cooked with Kholar Beans - April 14, 2018
- Recipe | Smoked Pork with Akhuni and Black Sesame Seeds - August 6, 2017