Here’s another favorite from Vilme’s kitchen. It’s a thick stew made with smoked pork and local kidney beans, and is often had with rice.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- ~300 gms of smoked pork meat
- 3-4 pieces of fresh bamboo shoot
- 3 dried red chillies
- 2-3 fresh green chillies
- 2″ ginger
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup kidney beans* sokaked overnight (*from local market in Nagaland)
- 500 ml of water
- Salt to taste
PREPARING THE INGREDIENTS
- As pointed above, kidney beans to be soaked in water overnight
- Clean the smoked pork thoroughly with lukewarm water, and then cut them into 2″ – 3″ cubes
- Make a paste out of the ginger and garlic
DIRECTIONS TO COOK
- Put all the ingredients in a pressure cooker, and cook for 6 whistles – or until the meat is tender and the beans are cooked well
- If the chillies are still whole, you can take out and mash them and put them back.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice
Passionate about cooking. Specializes in creating original recipes using local herbs and spices.