Meet Tanyapat Witayapreechasilp. You can call her TK 🙂 She is our first international guest and we are extremely excited to feature her on R&L! So say hi to this 27 year old passionate entrepreneur based out of Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Speaking to her, we could feel the connection that she shares with the 700 years old city Chiang Mai city even though her family is not originally from there. The city has hosted 20 different tribes over the centuries and has culminated into a hub of inspiration and creativity for not only people from Thailand but across the world. Drawing inspiration from the city, its culture and people TK now owns a business named “FIFTEEN” which is an online fashion brand and hopes to expand globally soon.
“Hi! I live in one of the most charming city in Asia Pacific. I am in love with Chiang Mai. After I graduated in Creative Arts from Chulalongkorn university, I joined my family business [an architecture firm]. While at home, I used to travel to the mountain villages and the many local places – and that’s when I discovered the beautiful handicrafts, which set the foundation for my fashion venture ‘FIFTEEN’ “
R&L had a chat with TK, to understand more about the her venture, and her story. Read on . .
- Tell us a bit more about ‘FIFTEEN’ and how did it start?
FIFTEEN is a fashion brand I founded, which is the expression of modern design ideas through contemporary handicrafts that contributes to the development of cultural preservation. I derive inspiration from nature tourism across Asia Pacific region and the tribes around the world.
- Why the name ‘FIFTEEN’ ?
The name ‘FIFTEEN’ was created to portray youth, friendship and diversity that has inspired Chiang Mai. It is also the year that the brand was established .
- What inspires you? What do you want to achieve through this venture?
I love to learn cultures of different tribes, the way they live their life, their ideas and their products. I will keep trying to bring in the learnings from all visits to villages, mountains and tribes across Asia and incorporate the same into my products. The purpose of my initiative is to make the people across Asia, America, Europe and Australia experience the touch and feel of fusion of cultures and what it can produce.
Check out her portfolio and store here.
- “Nature Gives Me Creative Direction for My Recipes and Photoshoots” – Meet Chef and Food Stylist Akhrieno from Nagaland - September 10, 2020
- We are Smitten by These Handwoven Mizo Puans (Mekhela) and Naupuakpuan ‘Baby Sling Wraps’ from ‘Zo Weave’ | Chat with Founder Malsawmi from Aizawl - August 26, 2020
- “I Want My Listeners to Find a Piece of Themselves in My Songs” – A Chat with Indian Rapper SlowCheeta from Mumbai - August 20, 2020