Great food are usually those that are simplest to make. Today – we have the recipe of a soup made out of a herb called Elsholtzia blanda (The Ao tribes call it ‘NAPA’). Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also a comfort food with an amazing flavor. So shall we get started?
Ingredients: Serving (2-4)
- 8-10 Cherry tomatoes (Sliced)
- 1-2 Green chilly
- 2-3 stalks of dried Napa (Elsholtzia blanda)
- 500 ml water
- Salt to taste
Cooking time : 15 minutes
1. In a medium sized stockpot, put in the sliced tomatoes , chilly and water and bring it to a boil till the ingredients are cooked.
2.Mash the ingredients with a heavy wooden spoon or a tool like shown below
3. Once all the ingredients are mashed, put in the Napa (Elsholtzia blanda) and cover the stockpot. Cook for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Latest posts by Roots & Leisure (see all)
- #RECIPE | 5 Recipes from Famous Naga Chef and Owner of ‘Saucy Joes’, Joel Basumatari - September 7, 2019
- Introducing ‘MY TOP 5’ – An All New Segment Where You Share Your Favorites! - July 30, 2019
- “Working With Roots & Leisure Has Taught Me About Different Cultures – Especially North Eastern Culture” – Meet Sukriti Dubey, Editor of R&L - July 29, 2019