We recently had a chat with sisters KT & Grace from Nagaland, who have been enthusing their followers with their mouth-watering and eye-catching food spread through their Insta food blog ‘Gilt Gourmet.‘
We got them to share an easy recipe that will introduce us to the world of gourmet, and they chose ‘Spaghetti Aglio e Olio’ (meaning spaghetti with garlic and oil) which is a traditional Italian pasta dish from Naples, and loved by foodies all over. Albeit a simple dish with only four (main) ingredients: spaghetti, olive oil, garlic, and chili flakes, the resulting dish will leave you wanting for more! Full recipe below.
‘Spaghetti Aglio e Olio’ recipe by ‘Gilt Gourmet‘ Nagaland
- 150-170 grams spaghetti
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes
- Olives (optional)
- A handful of baby spinach
- Salt & black pepper, for taste
- Fresh parsley or basil leaves for garnish
Directions to Make:
- Prepare the pasta in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and keep aside.
- Drizzle in some olive oil to prevent it from sticking together.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet or pan over medium heat, add the sliced garlic until lightly brown and let it roast slowly, then add the chili flakes, oregano, and cherry tomatoes, cook until the tomatoes start to soften and blister slightly, but stay intact.
- Now add the spaghetti and season it with black pepper and salt.
- (optional) Toss in the baby spinach and garnish with fresh parsley or basil. Your Spaghetti Aglio e olio’ is ready! Serve with garlic bread toast.
‘Spaghetti Aglio e Olio’ is ready to be served!
- Samuel Duia – Adventurer and Founder of ‘Duia Trailblazers’ Talks about Their Exciting Canyon Discovery in Meghalaya! - August 22, 2021
- Meet 15-Year Old Hiti Seb from Nagaland – Professional Football Player for Sudeva Delhi FC U18s in the Hero I League. - July 17, 2021
- Food Blog ‘Gilt Gourmet’ from Nagaland is Introducing Locals to Gourmet Food from Around the World | Meet the Curators – KT and Grace - April 22, 2021