- All-purpose flour – 500gms
- Salt – 10gms
- Granulated sugar – 60gms
- Instant dry yeast – 15gms
- Soft butter – 50gms
- Egg – 3 nos
- Milk – 160ml
Makes 10-12 doughnuts
- In a large bowl, combine lukewarm milk, yeast and sugar. Stir it lightly, and let it sit until the mixture is foamy.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the egg, salt and soft butter. Add flour and the yeast mixture and combine until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Remove the dough from the mixer and transfer it to a floured surface and knead until smooth. Transfer the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with cling wrap and let it sit in a warm place until its size doubles.
- Roll the dough onto a floured surface to a ½ inch thickness. Cut out the dough with the help of a heart-shaped cutter and place it on a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper keeping plenty of space between each one. Let it rise in a proofing chamber or a warm place for about 40 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and bring it to 170°C on a thermometer or drop one of the doughnut and see if it sizzles.
- Carefully add the doughnuts in the oil a few at a time. The doughnuts should immediately puff and float up. With the help of a metal spatula, flip them on the other side. Once they are golden brown remove from the oil and place it over a tray lined with paper towels. Repeat with the rest of the doughnuts adjusting the heat as needed. Once the doughnuts are done keep it aside to cool.
- Dip/ fill the doughnuts in the chocolate glaze and sprinkle them with confetti, almond slices or whatever you like. You can even dust them with some sugar and cinnamon powder.
For the glaze:
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- In a sauce pan, heat the fresh cream and bring it to a boil and remove it from the heat.
- Slowly pour the cream in the chocolate and let it sit for a minute. Stir the mixture until all the chocolate is melted.
Latest posts by Roots & Leisure (see all)
- “We Dream of a Society Free from Political Dominance by Dishonest Politicians.” – Rap Metal Band ‘AMBUSH’ from Assam - November 5, 2022
- ‘Tune Up Channel’from Nagaland is Back With Their New Single ‘A Letter’ - October 15, 2022
- “Fashion is about Expressing Myself Without Inhibition” Kaito from Nagaland Shares His Top 5 Winter Outfits for Men - March 1, 2022