“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” — Aaron Siskind.
Abeto’s thoughts are somewhere close on the similar lines – a wedding and lifestyle photographer from Dimapur, Nagaland.
Born and brought up in a middle class Christian family, Abeto Shohe is a wedding and lifestyle photographer from Dimapur Nagaland who is passionate about capturing life’s moments on his camera. He has a Masters degree in Political Science. Besides, photography and shooting weddings, he runs a photography training institute in Dimapur as well.
- Hi Abeto! Tell us how you got started with photography in the first place.
My photography has evolved a lot since my younger days. Some moments are meant to be treasured forever and it is only possible through capturing them. To be honest, photography was more of a hobby for me at first, but later it turned out to be a full time profession. It is hard to believe that I get to do this for a living now. It is all because of God’s grace.
I really love to connect with different people with a camera in hand, observing them and capturing their emotions.
- What are your sources of inspiration?
I am inspired by real life events on a wedding day. It is the beautiful moments, smiles of the couple and the people around, their emotions and sense of happiness. It is an extension of how I identify those special moments. My style is about capturing the real life of people and settings. It’s very reality-driven. I love capturing the beauty in life.
- What drove you to choose wedding photography as your genre?
I feel like every wedding photo shoot or project is a part that keeps me inspired and engaged and of course, the people involved in it. I also like to get inspired by challenging myself to explore new mediums, experience and create something new and varied for just the enjoyment of it. Every project is an entirely different experience and has been a fun growing experience. It is a new way to explore the world around me.
Photographing and shooting weddings has made me believe that there is more love, more devotion and more respect for the sanctity of marriage than a lot of statistics and numbers could make us believe. It is encouraging and uplifting to witness people committing to love. Every wedding has it’s own unique story.
- What kind of packages are included in your wedding photography?
My packages included for a wedding photography shoot are – a USB & DVD of images, engagement sessions, additional sessions (e.g. bridal, glamour), slideshows (same-day and full-day), mobile photo apps, albums and the price range starts from 45,000 INR per package.
Get in touch with Abeto for shoot enquiries here.
- “Nature Gives Me Creative Direction for My Recipes and Photoshoots” – Meet Chef and Food Stylist Akhrieno from Nagaland - September 10, 2020
- We are Smitten by These Handwoven Mizo Puans (Mekhela) and Naupuakpuan ‘Baby Sling Wraps’ from ‘Zo Weave’ | Chat with Founder Malsawmi from Aizawl - August 26, 2020
- “I Want My Listeners to Find a Piece of Themselves in My Songs” – A Chat with Indian Rapper SlowCheeta from Mumbai - August 20, 2020