Today our contributor Inali from Nagaland shares a secret recipe from her kitchen. It’s a crab dish cooked Naga style with an Asian twist using fish sauce and oyster sauce. With an interesting blend of Asian flavors along with local garlic chives, this recipe is a must try for all seafood – and crab lovers! Read on to know how to cook crab in Inali’s local Naga style.
Ingredients (clockwise from left): Green chilies, ginger, garlic, Sichuan pepper, dark soya sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, red chili sauce, corn flour, tomatoes and garlic chives (bottom)
- Fresh local crabs – 14 to 16 (depends on your serving)
- Big red tomatoes – 3
- Green chilies – 6 to 8
- Fresh ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of red chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- Szechuan pepper – 8 to 10 pieces
- Green herb of your choice (used Asian chives here)
Directions to cook:
- Clean the crabs thoroughly.
- Add the crabs, sliced tomatoes and salt to the cooking pot with half-filled water. Close the lid and cook it in full flame for 20 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chilies, and some grounded Sichuan pepper. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix the sauces in a separate bowl and pour it into the pot.
- Add some more ginger garlic paste. Dissolve the cornflour and add it into the curry. Stir well.
- Cook for additional 10-15 minutes.
- Put the Asian chives into the curry and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining Szechuan pepper and mix it into the curry. Add water and salt to taste.
Delicious Naga crab curry is ready to eat. Inali serves this with hot piping local rice, ginger chutney and boiled vegetables. Try this recipe and let us know how you like to eat yours!
- #Recipe | Naga Style Crab with Garlic Chives - August 31, 2018
- Recipe | Naga Pork Innards with King Chilli and Lemongrass - August 3, 2018