This Naga style Steamed Fish is an authentic and simple dish that can be found on a lot of home dinner tables. It’s such an easy and delicious way to prepare fish. Just make sure you buy a good fresh fish. We hope you will try it soon in your homes too!
- 8 red dried chilly
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 whole fresh fish <approx. 1 kilogram> (Here, we have used Rohu; commonly called the Ruee, Rui or Tapra.)
- 2 tablespoon of bamboo shoot juice
- 500 ml of water
- Salt to taste
- Clean the Fish and cut it into uniform medium size slices as seen in the picture.
- Put the fish in a wok / saucepan with all the ingredients together , cover and bring it to boil.
- The dish is ready when the water dries up. Once it is done, make sure you keep the lid open for the dish to cool down.
Best served when its cooled or the morning after. Serve with rice.
- “Fashion is about Expressing Myself Without Inhibition” Kaito from Nagaland Shares His Top 5 Winter Outfits for Men - March 1, 2022
- “We Enjoyed This Breathtaking View and The Famous Shrimp Pakoras at the Nambol Bora Hotel, Manipur” – Chingngam, Imphal - November 15, 2021
- “This is Me at My Best With All My Flaws.” – Kekhrie Ringa from Nagaland on Her Latest Music Video ‘Made for You’ - November 1, 2021