This Naga style Steamed Fish is an authentic and simple dish that can be found on a lot of home dinner tables. It’s such an easy and delicious way to prepare fish. Just make sure you buy a good fresh fish. We hope you will try it soon in your homes too!
- 8 red dried chilly
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 whole fresh fish <approx. 1 kilogram> (Here, we have used Rohu; commonly called the Ruee, Rui or Tapra.)
- 2 tablespoon of bamboo shoot juice
- 500 ml of water
- Salt to taste
- Clean the Fish and cut it into uniform medium size slices as seen in the picture.
- Put the fish in a wok / saucepan with all the ingredients together , cover and bring it to boil.
- The dish is ready when the water dries up. Once it is done, make sure you keep the lid open for the dish to cool down.
Best served when its cooled or the morning after. Serve with rice.
Latest posts by Roots & Leisure (see all)
- All The Awesome Highlights From This Year’s Edition Of The Hornbill Festival Nagaland 2018 - December 12, 2018
- Exclusive Interview with KPOP Band MONT During Their Visit to Nagaland for the Hornbill International Music Festival 2018 - December 5, 2018
- A Visit To “The Woods” – Cottage by Doyang River, Pangti Village in Nagaland. - November 30, 2018