This Naga style Steamed Fish is an authentic and simple dish that can be found on a lot of home dinner tables. It’s such an easy and delicious way to prepare fish. Just make sure you buy a good fresh fish. We hope you will try it soon in your homes too!
- 8 red dried chilly
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 whole fresh fish <approx. 1 kilogram> (Here, we have used Rohu; commonly called the Ruee, Rui or Tapra.)
- 2 tablespoon of bamboo shoot juice
- 500 ml of water
- Salt to taste
- Clean the Fish and cut it into uniform medium size slices as seen in the picture.
- Put the fish in a wok / saucepan with all the ingredients together , cover and bring it to boil.
- The dish is ready when the water dries up. Once it is done, make sure you keep the lid open for the dish to cool down.
Best served when its cooled or the morning after. Serve with rice.
Latest posts by Roots & Leisure (see all)
- R&L Folks Share Their Excitement for the Upcoming Music Festival – NH7 Weekender Meghalaya 2018 - November 1, 2018
- R&L Editor Megumi D’Souza Takes Us Through Her Fun-Filled Life in Mumbai – Juggling Work, Gigs and R&L - October 6, 2018
- Ziro Festival of Music 2018 | Event Co-Founder Bobby Hano Gives Us a Glimpse into the Festival Preparation Mood from Ziro Arunachal - September 26, 2018