- 4 pieces of fresh water fish ( Rohu has been used for this recipe)
- 1 bunch of mustard leaves
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 5 green chillies or 1 king chilli
- 1 inch of ginger
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of bamboo shoot water
- Salt to taste
Direction to cook:
- Chop the mustard greens roughly . Chop the tomato into 4 pieces .
- Heat a wok . Add the mustard greens and tomato to it .
- Cover for a minute .
- The green leaves and tomato will begin to water, forming a kind of puree . At this point ,add the roughly grinded ginger ,garlic and chopped chillies .
- Sauté for 5 minutes .
- Add 1/ 2 cup of water to the wok .
- Add salt to taste . Close the lid and let it simmer for 5 minutes .
- Add the fish pieces and the bamboo shoot water .
- Stir with a ladle but be cautious so that the fish pieces don’t break.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes .
- Sprinkle fresh coriander .
Serve hot with a plate of rice . Enjoy !!
Recipe contributed by Geeta
Latest posts by Roots & Leisure (see all)
- Preserving Memories | Snapshots from Hornbill Festival Nagaland 2022 - January 1, 2023
- “We Dream of a Society Free from Political Dominance by Dishonest Politicians.” – Rap Metal Band ‘AMBUSH’ from Assam - November 5, 2022
- ‘Tune Up Channel’from Nagaland is Back With Their New Single ‘A Letter’ - October 15, 2022