- 4 pieces of fresh water fish ( Rohu has been used for this recipe)
- 1 bunch of mustard leaves
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 5 green chillies or 1 king chilli
- 1 inch of ginger
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of bamboo shoot water
- Salt to taste
Direction to cook:
- Chop the mustard greens roughly . Chop the tomato into 4 pieces .
- Heat a wok . Add the mustard greens and tomato to it .
- Cover for a minute .
- The green leaves and tomato will begin to water, forming a kind of puree . At this point ,add the roughly grinded ginger ,garlic and chopped chillies .
- Sauté for 5 minutes .
- Add 1/ 2 cup of water to the wok .
- Add salt to taste . Close the lid and let it simmer for 5 minutes .
- Add the fish pieces and the bamboo shoot water .
- Stir with a ladle but be cautious so that the fish pieces don’t break.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes .
- Sprinkle fresh coriander .
Serve hot with a plate of rice . Enjoy !!
Recipe contributed by Geeta
Written by the R&L team
Latest posts by Roots & Leisure (see all)
- #RECIPE | 5 Recipes from Famous Naga Chef and Owner of ‘Saucy Joes’, Joel Basumatari - September 7, 2019
- Introducing ‘MY TOP 5’ – An All New Segment Where You Share Your Favorites! - July 30, 2019
- “Working With Roots & Leisure Has Taught Me About Different Cultures – Especially North Eastern Culture” – Meet Sukriti Dubey, Editor of R&L - July 29, 2019