- 4 pieces of fresh water fish ( Rohu has been used for this recipe)
- 1 bunch of mustard leaves
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 5 green chillies or 1 king chilli
- 1 inch of ginger
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of bamboo shoot water
- Salt to taste
Direction to cook:
- Chop the mustard greens roughly . Chop the tomato into 4 pieces .
- Heat a wok . Add the mustard greens and tomato to it .
- Cover for a minute .
- The green leaves and tomato will begin to water, forming a kind of puree . At this point ,add the roughly grinded ginger ,garlic and chopped chillies .
- Sauté for 5 minutes .
- Add 1/ 2 cup of water to the wok .
- Add salt to taste . Close the lid and let it simmer for 5 minutes .
- Add the fish pieces and the bamboo shoot water .
- Stir with a ladle but be cautious so that the fish pieces don’t break.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 10 minutes .
- Sprinkle fresh coriander .
Serve hot with a plate of rice . Enjoy !!
Recipe contributed by Geeta
Written by the R&L team
Latest posts by Roots & Leisure (see all)
- “My Ultimate Goal is to Give Back to My Community” | Face Reveal : Meet Vilina, TERI University Student cum Content Manager, R&L - August 19, 2018
- “This is How I Juggle Classes, Campus Fun and Working with R&L” | Face Reveal: Naro, Content Manager, R&L - August 5, 2018
- Local Fashion Brand “Shipen-Shisang” from Nagaland Celebrates Women with Their Spring Summer ‘18 Collection - June 8, 2018