Today, we have a special authentic Naga dish prepared by Sungdi Imchen from Roots and Leisure team. It’s a simple, traditional and easy-to-cook homemade dish mixed with ‘Napa’ (Naga basil leaves), giving you that extra Naga-spice flavour in your mouth!
Here’s your recipe guide to a quick, nutritious comfort food at its best- Fried Kidney Beans (‘Kholar’ beans) curry.
- 1 large tomato
- 1 medium onion
- 4-5 green chillies
- Napa (Naga basil leaves)
- 2 cups kholar beans ( Naga kidney beans)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pressurise the kholar beans to full cook and let it cool
- Sauté the onion, tomatoes and chillies for about 10-15 mins.
- Put in the kholar beans and cook in low flame for a few minutes
- When the onion and tomatoes turns completely tender, put in the Naga basil leaves (Napa) and let it simmer for another 5-10 mins.
Your savoury kholar beans dish is now ready to serve. Enjoy it with a hot, steaming bowl of rice! Bon appétit!
Hit Like, Share and Subscribe to Roots and Leisure on Youtube for more updates from the local folks!
Latest posts by Imtee Jamir (see all)
- “My Mom’s Galho Restaurant Inspired Me to Open This Cafe” Pelevotuo Solo, Owner of “Mom and I Cafe” Nagaland - January 17, 2018
- Recipe | Chocolate Raspberry Tart - December 30, 2017
- Naga Dish Recipe | Kidney Beans Curry With Napa - December 28, 2017