Today, we have a special authentic Naga dish prepared by Sungdi Imchen from Roots and Leisure team. It’s a simple, traditional and easy-to-cook homemade dish mixed with ‘Napa’ (Naga basil leaves), giving you that extra Naga-spice flavour in your mouth!
Here’s your recipe guide to a quick, nutritious comfort food at its best: Fried Kidney Beans (‘Kholar’ beans) curry.
- 1 large tomato
- 1 medium onion
- 4-5 green chillies
- Napa (Naga basil leaves)
- 2 cups kholar beans ( Naga kidney beans)
- Salt (to taste)
Directions to Cook:
- Pressure cook the kholar beans, and let it cool
- Sauté the onion, tomatoes and chillies, for about 10-15 mins.
- Now add the kholar beans and cook in low flame for a few minutes
- When the onion and tomatoes are tender enough, put in the Naga basil leaves (Napa) and let it simmer for another 5-10 mins.
Your savoury kholar beans dish is now ready to serve. Enjoy it with a hot, steaming bowl of rice! Bon appétit!
Hit Like, Share and Subscribe to Roots and Leisure on Youtube for more updates from the local folks!
- Meet Temsuyanger Longkumer – London Based Multimedia Artist from Nagaland, as He Talks About His Naga Roots and The Art Scene in London - July 25, 2018
- “My Mom’s Galho Restaurant Inspired Me to Open This Cafe” Pelevotuo Solo, Owner of “Mom and I” Cafe in Kohima - January 17, 2018
- Recipe | Chocolate Raspberry Tart - December 30, 2017