Today’s recipe is a wholesome pumpkin gravy which is best eaten with rice. Serve it hot.
- 250 grams of pumpkin
- 3 green chillies
- 2 pieces of fermented fish
- 1 medium sized tomato
- A handful of chives
- Salt to taste.
Directions to cook :
- Dice the pumpkin into small chunks
- Slice the tomato into 4 pieces
- In a saucepan, add the pumpkin, chillies(whole), tomato, fermented fish, salt and enough water
- Boil it for 15 minutes then turn off the heat
- Mash the pumpkin, chillies, tomato, fermented fish using a pestle
- Let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chives.
Written by the R&L team
Latest posts by Roots & Leisure (see all)
- Faces | Students in Nagaland Busy Studying for Their Mid Term Exams - April 13, 2018
- A Visit to the Traditional House in Zhavame Village, Nagaland - March 10, 2018
- Art Is Where His Passion Lies – Meet the Courageous Kekhrie Khamo - March 9, 2018