Thanks to a generous food-loving human being for sharing this recipe featuring two of our favourites in one dish : Snails (we call it ‘hamok‘ in Nagamese) and smoked pork. [We will soon feature him for more mouth-watering recipes, straight from his kitchen.] 🙂
It’s so simple to cook and it’s super yummy. Let’s cook!
- 2 large Potatoes
- 1 head Naga garlic
- 1 medium sized Naga Ginger
- 5-8 Naga dried red chilly/Green Chilly
- 4 table spoon of fermented bambooshoot
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1 kilo of smoked pork
- 1 kilo of fresh snail
- 1 medium onion/Spring onions
- Soak the snails in clear water for 48 hrs (so that they cleanse themselves). Change the water every 24 hours.
- Prepare the snails: Smack the pointed end of the snail with a spoon so that the flavors of the spices goes inside.
- Put all the ingredient together in a heavy lid <aluminium>dish /pressure cooker and cook for about 45 minutes to 1 hr.
Serve with Rice or Rice Beer. Bon appetit!
Latest posts by Roots & Leisure (see all)
- Faces | Students in Nagaland Busy Studying for Their Mid Term Exams - April 13, 2018
- A Visit to the Traditional House in Zhavame Village, Nagaland - March 10, 2018
- Art Is Where His Passion Lies – Meet the Courageous Kekhrie Khamo - March 9, 2018