“Fashion is part of the daily air and it changes all the time, with all the events. You can even see the approaching of a revolution in clothes. You can see and feel everything in clothes.” —Diana Vreeland.
We chat with Kaito from Nagaland to get some fashion tips for the ongoing cold weather. Not only is his layering game on point, but also his fashion philosophy – which is all about honoring the individual, and making a confident statement through your fashion choices. “I am particularly inclined towards Harajuku fashion and retro vintage styles. I love their appeal of mix-and-match and play with colors. Moreover, Harajuku fashion is a movement against strict societal rules and the pressure to fit the norm.” ~ Kaito from Nagaland.
Kaito, 27, from Nagaland
Hello Kaito, please introduce yourself.
Your fashion posts are so refreshing and bold! What’s your personal definition of ‘being in fashion’?
What inspires your outfits & looks?
Where do you usually shop?
Share 3 simple tips for effortless winter fashion.
- For winter styles, more is more. So Layering is the basic and best way to keep warm and stay stylish. An overcoat or jacket layered over a turtleneck or a hoodie can really game up winter style.
- Since layering involves many top wears, it’s always smart to go with a monotone-colored outfit.
- And lastly being a Naga, traditional shawls can come to the rescue when you’re looking for something warm and stylish.
A Naga shawl is the ultimate statement piece for the cold winters.
Scroll down for some winter look inspiration by Kato by Nagaland [Model & Styling: Kaito; Photographs by Vilo Chophy]
Look 1: Faux fur coat layered over a turtleneck paired with loose-fit trousers and pointed ankle boots
Look 2: Colorful bomber jacket with classic loose-fit trousers & white sneakers.
Look 3: Add some pop to your sombre winter outfit with a colorful puffer jacket layered. Wear matching sneakers
Look 4: Printed cardigan over a turtleneck is an easy outfit to pull off that is also sufficiently warm & stylish. Add a bucket hat to complete the look
Look 5: The Basic hoodie with cargo look
Follow ‘The Urban Naga‘ for more outfit inspirations.
- Come Celebrate the Naga Spirit with Hornbill Festival 2023 in Nagaland - December 1, 2023
- “Don’t Fake It Just To Make It. The Only Way is to Be Bold and Staying True to Self” – A Conversation with Sarban Chowdhury, Ceramic Artist and Educator - October 4, 2023
- “Refining my art with a fineliner is like fixing real-life issues. It’s truly therapeutic.” – Chat with Student and Artist Alexa Hojai from Haflong, Assam - September 18, 2023