Feeling the Christmas spirit yet? Celebrate this holiday season with a heavenly rich and moist apple cinnamon cake! We have a special sweet treat for you guys which you can prepare this festive season with your friends and family. All you need to make this cake are a few simple ingredients and steps to follow, a festive mood and some Christmas cheer!
Our recipe today is contributed by one of R&L’s lovely followers, Tribeni Pegu (@thenomnomlady). Scroll down to learn how to prepare this delicious delight!
- 1 apple, skinned and diced
- 1&1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Step 1: Butter the cake mould/loaf pan with a brush and dust it with flour and keep it aside.
Step 2: For the cinnamon mix:
Mix brown sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl and keep it aside.
Step 3: For the dry mix:
Sieve through flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and keep it aside.
Step 4: In the meantime, pre-heat the oven to 170-180 degree C for 10-15 minutes.
Step 5: For wet mix:
- In a bowl mix butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Now add half of the flour and fold into the mixture then add half of the milk and fold well with the flour. Repeat the process with rest of the flour and milk.
- Next pour half of the batter into the cake mould/loaf pan. Top it with half of the cinnamon mix and layer it with half of the diced apples.
- Once done, add rest of the batter and repeat with with rest of the cinnamon mix and diced apples.
- Lastly, swirl through the cake batter with a butter knife. (Just like how it is done for marble cake)
- Now bake the cake at 170-180 degree C for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
Your apple cinnamon cake is now ready to serve. Dig in, enjoy it with your loved ones this winter and spread the Christmas cheer. Happy holidays!
Latest posts by Imtee Jamir (see all)
- Meet Temsuyanger Longkumer – London Based Multimedia Artist from Nagaland, as He Talks About His Naga Roots and The Art Scene in London - July 25, 2018
- “My Mom’s Galho Restaurant Inspired Me to Open This Cafe” Pelevotuo Solo, Owner of “Mom and I Cafe” Nagaland - January 17, 2018
- Recipe | Chocolate Raspberry Tart - December 30, 2017