Looking for a quick snack bite? This homemade black choco-chip cookie is perfect to munch on! This quick and easy recipe uses ingredients that are readily available and can be served as snacks or even post-dinner desserts. Recipe by Keny Mehta, it uses activated charcoal to add the black color as well as to fight toxins. Get the full recipe below.
- 1 Cup of regular flour (sifted)
- 1 egg, 1 yolk
- 4-6 tsp of sugar
- 100 gms of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of activated charcoal powder. (You can use black food coloring if you can’t find it)
- 4 tsp of good quality cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt, coarse if you can I find it. I use the Himalayan Pink salt.
How to Make:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and line your baking tray with parchment paper
- In a big bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with a pinch of salt till it turns pale and creamy.
- Add one egg and beat together with the butter than the yolk and beat well.
- In another bowl, sift together the cocoa powder, the baking powder, activated charcoal, and flour.
- Incorporate by adding the dry ingredients into the wet, in batches until you’ve used up all the dry ingredients. Add the chocolate chips, setting a few aside for sprinkling. It should be a wet dough. You can always add a bit of milk if you feel the mixture is dry.
- Take a tablespoon to measure out the dough, shaping them into balls then pressing lightly, shaping them into cookies, laying them on the baking tray. (Don’t press them too thin, they will spread out a bit more as they bake) Once all the dough is used up, sprinkle and press some chocolate chips on each one and crack some Himalayan salt on top.
- Turn down the temperature of the oven to 180°c and bake for 15-20 minutes, checking every 5 minutes to make sure its baking properly, since these are black, you want to make sure they’re not burning.
- Cool on a rack and enjoy with hot coffee or tea (I recommend Earl grey)
- Hello December. Hornbill Festival 2019 is Happening in Nagaland! - November 30, 2019
- #RECIPE | Homemade Black Chocochip Cookie - November 29, 2019
- A Chat About Art With Debi, the Owner of DPR Artlife - November 28, 2019