Raise your hand if you have fond memories of devouring a steaming stack of French Toast for breakfast. We at Team R&L definitely recall savoring it as a packed lunch or enjoying it as a delightful afternoon snack at home.
Today, we have the pleasure of featuring Sabiha & Sameena, the talented sisters from The Mid Mess, as they share their unique take on this classic favorite. Get ready to discover their delightful twist that adds an extra touch of sweet indulgence to the beloved French Toast. Let’s dive in and uncover their secret recipe!
French Toast is a popular breakfast dish all across the world but this version by The Mid Mess is an all-out indulgence. Try this recipe out and impress your friends with a special dessert, weekend brunch, or a yummy snack at any time of the day.
Ingredients for the French Toast:
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 50 ml milk
- 3 bananas, thinly sliced
- 6 slices bread
- 4 eggs
- 50 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Nutella or chocolate spread
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Toasted coconut slices
Ingredients (Clockwise from left): Salted caramel, milk, bread, banana, eggs & toasted coconut slices
For the Salted Caramel:
- 100 gm brown sugar
- 60 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pouring cream
- 1 tsp salt
Directions to Cook:
- Whisk eggs, milk, and cinnamon powder in a bowl to combine.
- Dip each slice of bread into the batter one after the other.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add butter.
- Put the batter-coated bread slices on the pan and toast them on both sides for a minute on each side until golden brown.
- Repeat the process for all the bread slices.
Directions to make the salted caramel :
- Stir sugar and 40 ml water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and cook for 6-8 minutes until it becomes a thick caramel.
- Remove the pan from the stove and whisk in the cubes of butter. Be careful while combining as the hot caramel could split.
- Slowly add the cream while constantly mixing. The mixture will foam and rise so be careful. Add 1 teaspoon of salt (or to taste) and whisk again to combine.
- Keep warm on the side.
Suggestions for plating your French toast for an Insta-worthy picture:
Place a slice of French toast and generously spread some of the salted caramel. Slather on some chocolate sauce or Nutella. Add some sliced bananas and repeat the process to form a stack. To finish, put some toasted coconut slices on top.
Chocolate and banana French toast with salted caramel is ready to eat. Serve hot, drizzled with warm salted caramel.
How do you like your French toast? Tell us when you give this recipe a shot and tag us on Instagram to share your own version😊