“All you need is love but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt” – Charles M Shulz
Today it gives us immense pleasure to introduce a chocolatier for the first time on our blog! Meet Easter Tepa from Dimapur, Nagaland. She has completed her diploma in Patisserie from ‘Lavonne Academy of Baking Science & Pastry Art’, Bangalore and has worked in ‘Amande Patisserie’ and Food Hall, Bangalore. ” I am so nervous and excited to launch – finally!” Having tasted her chocolates while she was still getting trained in Bangalore, we knew her stall would be a hit. R&L team had a chat with Easter.
- Why chocolates ?
I returned home (Nagaland) in 2016 with the intention and hope of venturing into the food industry – particularly pastry and chocolates. It has been my passion for a long time now, and although I haven’t set up shop yet, I hope to launch very soon. I am excited about the adventure in this industry, and I plan to start with chocolates 🙂
- Have you thought of a name for your chocolate brand? When are you launching officially?
I plan to call it ‘Sincerely Chocolate’, as it is something that is coming straight from my heart. I admire sincerity in everything so it made perfect sense to name my brand.I plan to launch with a range of truffles and bonbons made using one of the finest chocolates in the world. As of now it is a small venture which I hope will gradually grow in time.‘Sincerely Chocolate’ was officially launched on 30th of September, 2017 at ‘The Maker’s Market’, Dimapur, Nagaland.
The idea behind my chocolate ambition is the fact that there are no Chocolatiers here in Nagaland. I have always loved chocolates but it is difficult to get good quality chocolate out here; so it was only a natural want for me to make them and share my love for chocolates with the rest of the people here at home – providing them with the best quality of chocolates.
- What type of chocolates/desserts do you make? Where can we buy them?
The type of chocolates I make at the moment are artisanal handmade truffles and gourmet chocolates. Right now I only take orders from home since I still haven’t set up shop.
To place an order, reach out to Sincerely Chocolate on Instagram
Latest posts by Roots & Leisure (see all)
- Introducing ‘MY TOP 5’ – An All New Segment Where You Share Your Favorites! - July 30, 2019
- “Working With Roots & Leisure Has Taught Me About Different Cultures – Especially North Eastern Culture” – Meet Sukriti Dubey, Editor of R&L - July 29, 2019
- All The Awesome Highlights From This Year’s Edition Of The Hornbill Festival Nagaland 2018 - December 12, 2018