Today we chat up with Anen Imti – the baker behind ‘The Little Baker‘ in Dimapur, which is quite the talk of the town with its assortment of cakes, breads and doughnuts.
- Tell us something about ‘The Little Baker‘
The Little Baker (TLB) was started in the summer of 2016 and is based out of Dimapur. TLB is all about baking. Every item in the menu is baked with love. It is also the perfect creative outlet for someone like me, as I have been passionate about the culinary arts and baking for as long as I can remember! We serve all kinds of freshly-baked comfort food like breads, cakes, doughnuts, cupcakes, cookies, pies, desserts, etc.
- How did it all start? Did you get any formal training?
Well yes, I got a formal training in culinary arts from New Delhi, post which I completed an industrial training from one of the top hotels. Then I got the opportunity to work full time in a 5-star resort in Goa – which sort of helped me kick off my career in baking.
“After having spent a good amount of time baking and learning, I decided it was about time to go back and start something of my own. That’s when I started toying with the idea of opening my own bakery – an idea that crystallized into what is now ‘TLB’ – thanks to (the first edition of) Makers Market* event that was held in Dimapur this year.”
*Makers Market is an initiative started by NE Buzz, Nagaland to support local businesses
“TLB also put up a stall at the Maker’s Market (in Dimapur), and the response was amazing – and it was a lot of fun!”
- How do you retail?
TLB takes all sorts of orders for custom-made cakes & desserts through their Website and Instagram. Do check them out and share your feedback! 🙂
- Recipe of‘Plain Paratha and Aloo Fry’ with Chai by Khevito Elvis Lee - April 26, 2020
- “The Covid Pandemic Brought a Lot of Helplessness Initially, But Very Soon We Shifted to How We Can Help” ~ Artist Kenei Solo from Nagaland - April 23, 2020
- Lockdown Special Recipe by Kristi Kikon | Popular ‘Naga Chow’ Made with Maggi Noodles - April 19, 2020