Hello there! It’s been a while since we’ve shared anything on our online blog. Our last post was published on the 26th of Jan, and we have been on an intentional break as we got caught up with our busy life. But all that while, we have been thinking hard about ‘de-stressing’, ‘taking it easy’, ‘time to chill’ and so many such ideas.
And then COVID happens. Look at us! All locked inside our homes as we coalesce into this virtual community sharing our fears and thoughts – while trying hard to stay positive amidst all the chaos that is happening around us.
Such dire times have proven yet again that staying connected with like-minded folks is especially crucial as we share information, cheer each other on, support one other as we extend help to our neighbors/communities – and more. And today’s ‘Instant Noodles’ recipe is one perfect example of how the community moves..
Special thanks to Kristi for always inspiring us with her yummy recipes. Today, she has inspired us even more with her very kind gesture. Read on to find out how to make your version of the popular ‘Nagaland Chow’ using Maggi or Wai Wai
One of our readers staying put in Delhi during this lockdown reaches out to us that he is desperately craving for ‘Nagaland chow (noodles)’ and how he is miserably failing to prepare the same. We immediately share the message across with our R&L folks – and then our friendly homechef Kristi Kikon from Nagaland comes to the rescue.
Kristi lets us know that she is also facing the brunt of the lockdown; she shares her plight on how it is difficult these days to source decent quality noodles. Hence she suggests improvising with Maggi or Wai Wai – which she hopes most of us will have at home – lockdown or not. Let us find out how to prepare this special recipe!
- Maggi, Wai Wai or any other instant noodles.
- Refined cooking oil
- Assorted vegetables of your choice (mix of leafy vegetables, carrots, spring onion etc.)
- Chopped green chillies
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 egg
- Meat pickle (optional. We used beef pickle)
- Thinly chopped cabbage (for garnish)
How to Cook:
- Prep your vegetables and meat, and keep them ready in a tray/huge platter so that it’ll be easy for you to cook them later.
- Cook your Maggi or Wai Wai how you’d normally cook it. Strain out all the water, and keep it aside – separate from the noodles.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp of the refined oil over the noodles so that it does not stick to the pan while cooking it again with all the mixed vegetables and meat.
- Now take the ‘noodle stock’ (water where you boiled the noodles earlier), add some chopped coriander and 1 raw egg while the water is still warm and gently stir the egg (do not beat). This will be your egg masala soup (served as a side to your ‘Naga noodles’)
- Now coming back to the noodles, heat 3tbsp of cooking oil in a pan and stir fry your mixed chopped vegetables. If you’re planning to use meat now would be the time to stir fry them as well with the vegetables.
- Now add your instant noodles to the pan, Garnish with your choice of herbs. Your instant noodles is now ready to serve. Serve with the egg-based soup
Instant Naga noodles made with Maggi/Wai Wai and mixed vegetables. garnish with an egg on top and serve with the egg-based soup made out of the leftover water from preparing the noodles. Enjoy!
- “Fashion is about Expressing Myself Without Inhibition” Kaito from Nagaland Shares His Top 5 Winter Outfits for Men - March 1, 2022
- “We Enjoyed This Breathtaking View and The Famous Shrimp Pakoras at the Nambol Bora Hotel, Manipur” – Chingngam, Imphal - November 15, 2021
- “This is Me at My Best With All My Flaws.” – Kekhrie Ringa from Nagaland on Her Latest Music Video ‘Made for You’ - November 1, 2021