If you want to take your tastebuds for an adventure of a lifetime, the KalaJeera Masor Jhul with Nigella seeds is the perfect dish for you. Created by Antara Boruah, she introduces us to blended dish which she describes as, a “beautiful earthy flavor, a soothing breeze of fresh air with bold and beautiful spices”.
- Fish 350 gms
- Nigella Seeds 3tbsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic 1 regular bulb whole
- Green Chillies 4 slit
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Mustard oil. Enough to shallow fry the fish and additional 2 tbsp.
- Turmeric 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves for garnish
Marinate the fish with salt and turmeric.
Make a smooth paste of Nigella seeds, garlic and black pepper. Make sure there is no coarse grains in the paste.
Shallow fry the fish in mustard oil till half done.
Add 2 tbsp oil to the same pan.
Add the paste and let it cook for around 3-5 mins on medium heat.
Add half a cup of warm water and let it simmer.
Add the fish and cook till you have the desired consistency.
Add Lime juice and cook for a min or so.
Garnish with mint leaves and serve hot
Follow her page on Instagram for more.
Writer, artist, dreamer and cat owner
Latest posts by Neha Fernandez (see all)
- Hello December. Hornbill Festival 2019 is Happening in Nagaland! - November 30, 2019
- #RECIPE | Homemade Black Chocochip Cookie - November 29, 2019
- A Chat About Art With Debi, the Owner of DPR Artlife - November 28, 2019