In the cold winters, all we need is a warm cup of tea to ease the chilly weather, right? We have the perfect tea recipe right here. The maize tea is enjoyed by the Naga people and is mostly served when a visitor comes by. It is also a famous drink in village gatherings or meetings, enjoyed by both the young and old alike, and is popularised by the Chakhesang tribe of Nagaland. Learn how to make the maize tea:
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Pounded maize
- Sugar (optional)
Directions to cook:
- Pound the maize. You can find pounded maize in the market as well.
- Adjust the water quantity according to how sticky you want the Maize tea to be. Less quantity of water, will make the tea more sticky and more quantity of water will give a thinner texture.
- You can add sugar to the tea in order for the tea to be sweet.
- Boil the pounded maize until it is fully cooked. After the maize is tender you can turn the stove off. Be sure to not overcook it so that the corn doesn’t get mushy.
- Pour the maize tea into a cup and enjoy the tea!
Latest posts by Menule Chirhah (see all)
- Creator of ‘Soulspeaksbloom’ Nagaland – Vikhozonu Natso,Explains Why She’s Reviving the Art of Handcrafted Flowers - December 4, 2021
- These Handmade Soaps by an ‘Amateur Soaper’ Will Melt Your Hearts! Meet the Creator Viphrünü Noswe from Nagaland - October 31, 2021
- “I Tried Baking for the First Time after Getting Inspired by the Cooking Shows on TLC” – Meet Self-Taught Baker and Budding Entrepreneur Sony Jemu of ‘Moi Bake’ Nagaland - August 16, 2021