Who likes fish? Pomfrets anyone? That is what we are cooking today.
We generally bake it or pan fry the whole fish but today we are going to show you a slightly different version – a healthy, simple and very easy one. Just make sure that you buy a fresh pomfret from the local market.
Ingredients you need:
- 1 large Tomato
- 4 tablespoon of fresh bamboo shoot juice
- 5 gloves of garlic (crushed)
- 6 green chillies – chopped
- 3-4 leaves of basil
- 1 medium sized pomfret fish
- 250 ml of water
- Salt to taste
How to prepare the fish
Remove all the scales with the help of a sharp knife. The areas to look for particularly are the belly, the edges and the fins. Clean thoroughly by rinsing with water and finally Slice it up into equal sizes.
Directions to cook
- Put all the ingredients together in a medium sized pot, and cook until the water dry out.
- Usually takes 30-35 mins
- Sprinkle roughly chopped basil leaves on top, and let it simmer and cool
Serve with steamed rice.
Tip: Best to have the fish when it’s come down to room temperature – as the flavor becomes stronger as it cools.
Latest posts by Vilme (see all)
- Naga Recipe | Smoked Pork Stew with Kidney Beans - April 1, 2017
- Recipe | Mackerel Tin Fish in Bamboo Shoot - March 19, 2017
- Recipe | Crispy Pork with Bamboo Shoot Juice - January 29, 2017