Thank heavens the weekend is here finally! Time for all of us to relax, watch a movie, catch up on some reading and maybe some home cooked food. In the mood to cook anyone? Well, not really cooking but some really tasty Naga food . So let’s do an easy one 🙂
Have been craving for smoked pork for a while now – so that’s what we are cooking today! Seriously though – we’ve been sharing recipes on smoked pork since the beginning of R&L and it got us wondering how many of our readers actually have access to smoked pork. For us in Nagaland, we make them in our kitchens over the fireplace (yes – every kitchen have a fireplace out here).For all those living outside Nagaland – share with our other readers how you source these stuffs.
Now the recipe – Smoked Pork in mashed potato and fresh green peas.
- 5-6 slices of smoked pork
- 8-10 Green Chillies
- 3 whole potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup green peas
- 250 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons of wet (& fermented) bamboo shoot shreds
- 2 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- Cut the slices of pork into small pieces.Chop the green chillies, tomatoes and potatoes (in cubes)
- Put the pork, chillies, tomatoes, potato, salt and bamboo shoot shreds in a medium size pot. Pour water and bring it to boil until its almost cooked.
- Just 10 minutes before you turn off the stove, put in the green peas, and let it simmer.
Serve it with steamed rice.