So here’s the thing about visiting Nagaland. The whole state is a treasure trove of interesting ways to experience nature in its most glorious forms. The R&L team recently visited Wokha District in Nagaland – home of the Lotha Naga tribe, to attend their post-harvest festival ‘Tokhu Emong’, and also witness the arrival of the migratory bird “Amur Falcon.” While we toured the lovely Wokha District, we got a chance to visit Pangti village, where we had a stopover at the enchanting Doyang river for lunch. That’s where we came across “The Woods” cottage by the river, and had one of the most memorial experiences of the trip.
Sitting elegantly by the river bank, “The Woods”, the 2-storey hut gives visitors access to the most peaceful and scenic view of the river Doyang and its surrounding beauty. The good news is, they are open for business, and anyone can come and book a room for just Rs. 300 per night (breakfast and food extra) and enjoy a relaxing time with the unique offerings of the natural landscapes of Nagaland. So here’s all you need to know about the “The Hut” and details on how to get there and contact information to book a spot at this lovely hut! We highly recommend a trip to Doyang river on your next trip to Nagaland!
“The Hut” sits on the river Doyang in Pangti Village, situated about 20km from Wokha, Nagaland. This quaint and cozy little homestay is an ideal spot to unwind after a long day of exploring the scenic surroundings – and then wake up to the most gorgeous view!
Side view of the cottage, “The Woods”
The kitchen of “The Woods” Doyang River, Pangti Village, Wokha.
Toilet and bathroom facility with good supply of water at “The Woods”
The staircase inside “The Woods” to go to bedroom section on the first floor.
You can also rent a TENT to stay for the night at river Doyang, just beside “The Woods”
Lovely view of the river from “The woods”
Stairway to the cottage, “The Woods”
“The Woods” Tariff.
How to get there?
- Take a local taxi / local bus from Wokha to Doyang which is about 20 km. Note*: Due to current road work, it may take about 1.5 hours to get there.
- You can get to Wokha, either from Dimapur ( 124 Kms , about 6 hours) or from Kohima ( 77 Kms , ~3.5 hours).
Traveller’s Tip : Stop over in Wokha for a hot meal/cup of tea before heading to Doyang.
Activities & Facilities :
- There are 2 rooms on both the ground floor and the 1st floor. Each room has 2 beds each. There are 2 common toilets outside the cottage beside the kitchen.
- Please ensure to inform the manager about the kind of food that you would want to eat ahead of time, as they will have to arrange for their supplies accordingly.
- There is also an area where you can pitch a tent (bring your own!) and stay. Please contact the manager for further details.
- There are fishing rods available to rent.
- You can also enjoy a picnic by the river.
- There is no Wi-Fi so just relax and enjoy your beautiful surrounding.
The Woods | View from the 1st floor
The Woods | Entrance to one of the rooms on the 1st floor
The Woods | View of the Balcony
The Woods | Picture of one of the beds
For bookings, please contact manager Nribemo Merry on +91-8414834044 / +91-8787411400
- “Fashion is about Expressing Myself Without Inhibition” Kaito from Nagaland Shares His Top 5 Winter Outfits for Men - March 1, 2022
- “We Enjoyed This Breathtaking View and The Famous Shrimp Pakoras at the Nambol Bora Hotel, Manipur” – Chingngam, Imphal - November 15, 2021
- “This is Me at My Best With All My Flaws.” – Kekhrie Ringa from Nagaland on Her Latest Music Video ‘Made for You’ - November 1, 2021