We have always been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it kick starts our metabolism and helps energize our body, keeping us active and productive throughout the day. It is also important to carefully choose the right food to eat, something nutritious. So today, we have one from the many healthy breakfast items, “Baked eggs in hash brown with bacon” – contributed by Raman Okram, a student and a passionate cook from Manipur.
“Hash brown is a dish made with chopped potatoes, typically with onions added. Make sure to squeeze all the juices out of potato and onion to get the crispy outer layer, then fry until brown. And what could be better than a hash brown topped with baked sunny side up. Also, the fun part of preparing this food is – you could either use bacon, sausage, ham or anything that you like for topping. Here, I have used fried bacon and garnished it with spring onion.” – Raman Okram
“Baked eggs in hash brown with bacon” by Raman Okram from Manipur – Let us find out how it is prepared!!
- 3-4 Potatoes
- 1 medium sized Onion
- 3 Eggs
- Cayenne Pepper/chilli powder
- Olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and grate it together with onion in a bowl
- Squeeze the juice out of the grated potato and onion
- Season them with the cayenne pepper/chilli powder with a 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- Fry the bacon and keep it separately
Direction to cook :
- Heat up a pan and drizzle some olive oil
- Fry the potato mix for about 3-4 minutes and make sure it don’t stick to the pan, flip it carefully with a spatula
- Crack the eggs on top of the hash brown and put it in a preheated oven for 5-6 minutes at 240 degree Celsius.
- When it’s ready, throw the fried bacon on top and garnish it with spring onions.
And your breakfast “Baked eggs in hash brown with bacon” is ready to serve!!
- Recipe | Learn How to Make The Famous Axone (Fermented Soyabean) From Nagaland - June 18, 2020
- A Chat With 19-Year-Old Keyicudauke Iranggau aka Keyi Zeliang, Passionate Singer From Nagaland - July 15, 2019
- #RECIPE | Mizoram’s Favourite Dish ‘Bai’ – Made With The Stalks Of Cauliflower | by Priya Iyer - July 13, 2019