“On a recent visit to Srinagar, I had the privilege of staying in a boat house at Dal Lake. We had to take a shikara from the main road to the boat house we were staying at. It was nestled among the other boat houses that we saw from the main road. It was simply perfect — away from all the noise and crowd.
Below is a series of pictures and videos I captured during my stay.” ~ Tiarenla Jamir from Nagaland
1. Took a Shikara (a light, flat-bottomed boat) to our boat house
2. This was what the inside of the boat-house looked like
3. Reflection of the beautiful sky on Dal Lake
4. The lovely view from the boat house
5. Was in the mood for some kebab
6. Neighboring vegetable garden
7. You could even go for a hair cut or buy some handicrafts!
8. The 5 am vegetable market
9. A lady on the way to the market
10. Flowers anyone?
11. What waterways look like here
12. Just having a casual chat on Dal lake
13. Do you want to send a letter? Oh! It’s just a shikara ride away. (Technically, you could access it from the main road but where’s the fun in that? )
14. Goodbye ‘Cherry Ripe’! Thank you Rashid for taking such good care of us and @vajrajourneys for organising this.
- Recipe | Learn How to Make The Famous Axone (Fermented Soyabean) From Nagaland - June 18, 2020
- A Chat With 19-Year-Old Keyicudauke Iranggau aka Keyi Zeliang, Passionate Singer From Nagaland - July 15, 2019
- #RECIPE | Mizoram’s Favourite Dish ‘Bai’ – Made With The Stalks Of Cauliflower | by Priya Iyer - July 13, 2019