Its Friday already and what better way to spend the weekend than trying out something new in your kitchen.We challenge you to try out this super simple recipe!
Today, we have Vilme – husband and a father, who does most of the cooking at home because he loves doing so [but of course with the help of his wife with the chopping and cleaning the dishes after meals ;)]. In most Naga homes, you will find most men helping out in the kitchen – with the chores and the cooking as well 🙂 Enjoy the cooking!
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 5 Clove of Garlic
- 5 Dried Red Chilly
- 1 medium size Ginger
- I medium size Tomato
- 1/2 tea spoon of Ajinomoto salt
- 3 table spoon Bamboo Shoot Juice
- a handful of spring onion
- Salt to taste
- Cut the Chicken into medium sized pieces. Place the chicken in a large pot and add water. Cover pot and bring it to boil for 15 mins
- Add the chilly, bamboo shoot, ajinomoto , grounded ginger, tomato and salt to taste.When the chillies are cooked, take them out,mash it into a paste and put it back into the chicken.
- Cover pot and cook until the meat is cooked.
- Garnish with spring onions
Serve warm with rice.
Vilme is a laboratory technician and a business man by profession. He believes his interest in cooking is taken after his father, a doctor , who traveled places and would often take Vilme along with him.