Today we are sharing a tasty recipe of homemade style button mushrooms stir fried and sautéed with pepper and butter. With simple ingredients, you can cook it instantly at home and enjoy it as a side-dish!
- 1 cup of button mushrooms (cleaned and cut into halves)
- 1 large onion (chopped into cubes)
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 tbsp of olive oil/vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of freshly grounded pepper
- Salt to taste
Directions to cook:
- Firstly, heat the oil over high heat in a skillet or pan.
- Now, add the chopped mushrooms, onion and garlic. Let it stay until they have caramelized on the bottom. When done, toss them and continue to cook for another 3 mins.
- Next, add the butter and grounded pepper and toss it for 5 mins, until beautifully brown.
- Finally, season with salt as per your taste.
- Garnish with fresh coriander or celery, if required.
Serve it as starter or appetizer before a main course meal!
Recipe contributed by Sochonphy Lunghar.
- Catching Up With Megosano Sakhrie – A Hand Lettering Artist from Nagaland - October 23, 2017
- Recipe | Diwali Special – Chocolate Barfis - October 18, 2017
- Spotting Fashion at the Ziro Festival of Music 2017 - October 16, 2017