Today we present to you your weekend recipe Traditionally Cooked Naga Styled Ilish Maas prepared by one of our favorite Recipe contributors, Kristi Kikon. Its one of the famous recipes that comes with flavors of bamboo shoot and Ilish fish and is the most simple way of enjoying your weekend dinner or lunch.
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 kilo Ilish fish
- Fresh bamboo shoot
- 2 large tomatoes
- 8-10 green chillies
- 7-8 cloves of Garlic
- 800ml of water (you can add more if you want to have gravy)
- 3-4 tablespoon Refined Oil
- Salt to taste
- Medium size Kadai pan
Directions to Cook:
- Roughly chop the fresh tomatoes and the green chillies. Also peel the garlic and keep aside
- In the open kadai pan, lay out the fish nicely and spread the tomatoes, green chillies and the bamboo shoot evenly.
- Add Refined Oil and salt to taste and pour about 850ml of water
- Cook the fish in medium flame until dry for about 30-35 minutes
- Evenly spread chopped coriander leaves and smashed garlic across the fish 2-3 minutes before switching off the flame
- Now close the kadai with its lid so the dish smells perfect with all its flavors
The traditional way of cooking Naga Style Ilish Maas is ready to taste with a plate of piping hot rice.
- Recipe | Naga Style Ilish Maach (Hilsa Fish) Cooked with Bamboo Shoot - March 23, 2018
- Masala Maggie Cooked with a Unique Naga Twist | Recipe by Kristi Kikon - March 13, 2018