A Naga meal without a chutney can never make for a complete meal. At least in most of the households. Staying true to the Naga spirit, we have a special chutney made out of banana blossoms.
- 2 banana blossoms(chopped and washed)
- One large tomato
- One large onion
- 1 ghost pepper or 3-5 green chillies(based on your preference)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tbsp oil
Ingredients of the banana flower chutney (clockwise from left : chopped tomatoes, green chillies, finely chopped banana blossoms and chopped onions)
Directions to cook
- Remove the first few layers of the banana blossom and chop the rest into fine pieces.
- Chop onions, chillies and tomatoes into thin slices
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onions. Now put the chopped tomatoes and chillies and stir fry for 5 minutes in medium flame
- Add the turmeric powder and chilli powder
- Once the oil separates, add the banana blossoms. Cook with lid on till it’s soft and tender. Once soft, remove the lid and cook till the water dries.
Voila, your banana blossom chutney is ready to be served with a plate of hot rice and your choice of curry!
- Recipe| Wild Celery Cooked In Roasted Perilla Seed in Naga Style - July 12, 2018
- Recipe | Fresh Pork with Bamboo Shoot and Szechuan Leaves - June 21, 2018
- Recipe of Nagaland’s Favorite Snack – Spicy Wai Wai Noodles - June 10, 2018