We love our local vegetables (especially green leaves) the same way we love meat and here is another easy to cook recipe to add as a side dish with your favourite vegetarian thali or non -vegetarian thali and trust us, it won’t disappoint you .
In today’s recipe section , we will teach how to cook fresh local wild celery cooked in roasted perilla seeds .
Cooking time : 20-30 minutes
- Fresh bamboo shoot flesh (a handful) or depending on how much you are making
- Handful of wild celery
- 1 Tablespoon perilla seeds
- Couple of green chillies
- One cup of water
Directions to cook :
- First boil water and green chilli.
- While they are boiling, roast perilla seeds and roughly crush them
- Once the bamboo shoot and green chillies are soft and cooked
- add the celery and salt and cook for 5-7 minutes or till water almost dries.
- Lastly, add the perilla seeds and take it off the flame
Ready to eat with your favourite dish and local rice !
Latest posts by Lidang (see all)
- Recipe| Wild Celery Cooked In Roasted Perilla Seed in Naga Style - July 12, 2018
- Recipe | Fresh Pork with Bamboo Shoot and Szechuan Leaves - June 21, 2018
- Recipe of Nagaland’s Favorite Snack – Spicy Wai Wai Noodles - June 10, 2018