“Growing up in Nagaland, Wai Wai Instant noodles have always been a huge part of our lives. Our lifesaver in times of midday or midnight hunger – especially in hostels when we had no access to stoves in our rooms. Some like it raw and crunchy – mixed with meat or axone pickle; some like it cooked “Naga style” with a hot Raja mircha and some of us here crave for it first thing in the morning! With a hot cup of tea – especially on a cold rainy morning.”
Today, we have a special and easy-to-make wai wai recipe – contributed by our friend from Nagaland, Lidang.
- 1 packet Wai Wai noodles
- 1 small finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- Green chillies/ Naga King chilli/ Chilli powder (as per your preference)
- 1 cup of chopped green veggies of your preference
Directions to cook
- Boil 1 cup of water and put the chopped onions.
- After 5-8 minutes, add soya sauce and the wai wai masala and cook for some time again.
- Add the wai wai noodles, chillies and cook till the water dries up.
- Add the wai wai oil and fresh greens into the noodles, and mix them well.
- Serve in a bowl with some hot tea! 🙂
- You can also add an egg on top – made sunny side up.
Hope this recipe post reminds you of your childhood days, and your insatiable hunger for spicy waiwai noodles! 🙂
Latest posts by Lidang (see all)
- Recipe | Fresh Pork with Bamboo Shoot and Szechuan Leaves - June 21, 2018
- Recipe of Nagaland’s Favorite Snack – Spicy Wai Wai Noodles - June 10, 2018
- Recipe of Banana Blossom Chutney from Nagaland - May 24, 2018