We are excited as weekend arrived and once again it’s time to learn about yet another amazing food recipe! Today we have a dish, “Smoked Pork Belly”, contributed by Chon Jamang. She adds, “What is a Naga home without a pork dish! We love our pork and I, for one, love it more so when it’s smoked. The aged and smoked smell instantly brings you back home, wherever you may be.” Here in this dish, Chon has used few ingredients and prepared it in a simple method but the taste is to die for! Let’s find out everything below:
“Smoked Pork Belly” dish contributed by Chon Jamang
- Smoked pork belly (cut in cubes) – 500gm
- Ginger and garlic paste (2-3 tbsp)
- Hao kasathei (local chili powder) – 50gm (more or less to your liking)
- Tomato (1)
- Water (500ml)
- Salt to taste
Preparation of the dish:
- Heat oil, just enough to saute the ginger garlic paste. Leave a smaller portion of the ginger garlic paste for later.
- Add smoked pork belly and cook in medium to low flame for a few minutes until the oil from the meat starts oozing.
- Add water, chili powder, chopped tomato and salt to taste.
- Cook in medium to high flame. Add the leftover ginger garlic paste when the water has boiled down to half its amount. Let the gravy cook to a pasty consistency.
And your smoked pork belly is ready! Serve with a hot bowl of rice.
Latest posts by Shanmi (see all)
- A Chat With 19-Year-Old Keyicudauke Iranggau aka Keyi Zeliang, Passionate Singer From Nagaland - July 15, 2019
- #RECIPE | Mizoram’s Favourite Dish ‘Bai’ – Made With The Stalks Of Cauliflower | by Priya Iyer - July 13, 2019
- A Glimpse Of Life On Dal Lake, Srinagar With Tiarenla Jamir From Nagaland - July 12, 2019