Looking at the lack of Indian cuisine restaurants in Dimapur, three childhood friends decided to open up their own Mughlai restaurant. Phanchamo Lotha, Abovi Achumi and Samuel Murry had always dreamt of working together on a business or a project. This dream materialized with the opening of this restaurant where the three of them came together to provide Mughalai delicacies to people at affordable prices.
We chatted with them to know about the restaurant. Don’t forget to drop by if you’re in or around Dimapur!
- Hello! It’s lovely to have you here. Please tell us about you and your team.
Hello, we are Phanchamo Lotha, Abovi Achumi & Samuel Murry. Abovi and I are in to business while our other partner, Samuel is a Govt. employee. As kids, we always had dreams of doing something together. After we finished our studies, we got the idea to open a comfort food restaurant. Our Chef is Sanjeev Dutta from NJP with experience in Mughlai cuisine.
Tell us the motivation behind opening this restaurant!
We opened this restaurant because we saw that there is lack of Indian cuisine restaurant in Dimapur or Nagaland as a whole. We wanted to provide food quality food to our people at affordable price.
- What do you hope people take away from your restaurant?
We hope everyone can come and enjoy our exotic Mughlai food with near and dear ones. Lunch or dine with us from Monday to Saturday from 11 am to 8 pm and 1 PM to 8 pm on Sundays.
Thank you for sharing your stories with us. We wish your team a bright future.
Do follow them Mughlai Kitchen on Instagram.
Duncan Basti above Suzuki bike showroom, Dimapur, Nagaland 797112.
- She Paints, She Crafts, and She Makes Funny Comics. Meet Jung Jathy from Nagaland - October 23, 2021
- She Turns Everyday Products Into Gorgeous Pieces of Art – Chat with Resin Artist Achila from Nagaland - September 16, 2021
- Chef Elna Yepthomi Talks About Her Journey From Nagaland to Australia & Her Love For Mixing Art With Food - December 2, 2019