Sometimes the best dishes are the easiest to make! Today we have one such recipe called Korean Kimchi. Contributed by Mr Imkong, the dish requires a few simple ingredients and sauces. Healthy and easy-to-cook, we use napa cabbage, carrots, and other vegetables along with rice flour to make it.
This is definitely going to win hearts!
- 2. 5 kg of Napa cabbage, cut into 2 or 3 inches
- 2 carrots, cut into matchstick strips
- 2 radish, cut into matchstick strips
- Spring onions
- White onions
- Chilli powder
- Sticky rice flour(can either use plain flour)
- Fish sauce
1. Cut the cabbage and wash it thoroughly with clean water, add one and a half cup of
salt and mix it thoroughly and marinate it for at least 3 hours or more. Don’t forget to toss
it every 20 or 30 minutes and drain the excess water it gives out as it gets marinated in the salt.
After it has been marinated, again wash it thoroughly with water and squish out all the water from it and keep it in a bowl along with the chopped carrots, radish, chives and spring onions to make kimchi.
2. In a pot add the flour along with 3 or 4 tablespoons of sugar, ½ a cup of chilli powder and
pour in 1 and a half cup of water and stir as you bring them to boil and cook it. Once it’s cooled down, add it to the vegetables. The next step is to put in the onions, garlic, and ginger into the blender.
3. Now put all the ingredients in a big mixing bowl and mix them all with a spatula or using
your hands (wear a glove if necessary). Add a cup of the fish sauce to the mixture, while
mixing the vegetables taste it and add more of the sauce, according to taste.
Lastly, transfer the mixture into a jar or container and refrigerate it for the next 24 hours
and enjoy the kimchi (for people who like the sour taste of kimchi refrigerate it for 2 or more
- The Return of the Cosplayers from Nagaland | NAJ Cosfest 2022 - July 24, 2022
- She Paints, She Crafts, and She Makes Funny Comics. Meet Jung Jathy from Nagaland - October 23, 2021
- She Turns Everyday Products Into Gorgeous Pieces of Art – Chat with Resin Artist Achila from Nagaland - September 16, 2021