For when you want a quick yet healthy snack to munch on, try out this recipe of vegetarian Appey, submitted by Sangeeta Dubey from Allahabad. Her personal favourite for breakfast and evening snack, she picked up this recipe when she was travelling in South India. Appey is made with sooji (rava or semolina) and fresh veggies, and requires little oil.
Things needed to make the batter:
- 2 cup rava/sooji/semolina
- 1 cup curd
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup finely chopped vegetables (like capsicum, cabbage, onion, tomato, grated carrots, and peas)
- 1 tsp fine chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
Oil for greasing
How to make it:
1. Mix batter ingredients well and leave it for 30 mins or more.
2. After 30 minutes, add eno and mix it well again. Start greasing the appey pan.
3. Fill 1-1 tbsp batter in appey mold.
4. Press the batter and again add 2-2 tbsp batter on filling.
5. Now cover the pan for a couple of minutes until under side is cooked. Flip over to see if it’s turned golden brown in colour. Now cook the other side.
6. Once both sides are cooked and crispy, remove the appey from the mold .
7. Serve appey hot or warm with fresh coriander or coconut chutney, or even sauce.
Latest posts by Nara Longkumer (see all)
- #Recipe| Smoked Pork and Beef With Mushroom Recipe For New Year Special - January 1, 2020
- Pastry Chef & Owner of Whisk A Wish, Tanya Gupta Talks About Baking & Starting Her Own Business - December 30, 2019
- Title:RECIPE | Quick & Healthy South Indian Snack Called Appey - December 28, 2019