Smoked beef hide (skin) is another ingredient that is relished n Nagaland. Today, our recipe contributor Kesang will guide us on how to make a spicy treat using beef hide and axone. Kesang believes that the spicier, the better (think FOUR King chili hot!) for an unforgettable taste experience! Your taste buds are in for a treat! Make sure you try this recipe and let us know how much you liked it!
Beef with Axone and King Chilli
- 250 grams of Buffalo/ Beef Skin
- 4 pieces of King Chilli
- Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- 200 grams of Axone (fermented Soya Bean)
- 12 Garlic Cloves
Directions to cook :
- First, clean the buffalo skin thoroughly and pressurize in the cooker for about 3-4 whistles.
- After pressurizing it, cut it into small pieces.
- Next, grind the garlic and king chilies together to make it into a semi-paste.
- Then, heat 5 tbsp of refined oil in a skillet/pan.
- Add in garlic and chili paste with salt and fry it for 2 minutes till the raw smell fades away.
- Now, add the pieces of the meat and fry it for ten minutes again.
- Add the axone (fermented soyabean) and fry it for another 5 minutes.
- You may also add in extra chili powder if you like it spicy.