It is almost weekend and we all tend to acquire a mood to cook something nice or get that craving to help ourselves to something special. On that note, we are today sharing a recipe to pep up your meal – Crispy fried chicken, tossed with veggies and packed with flavors and spice. Let’s make it!
- 500 gms of chicken breast
- 4 tbsp of honey
- 3 tbsp of white soy sauce
- 3-4 tbsp of cornflour
- 3 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of vinegar (preferably apple cider vinegar)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of chilli paste or green chilli for extra heat
- 5 cloves of crushed garlic
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- Oil to deep fry
- Chopped capsicum
- Spring Onion
- Toasted sesame seeds
DIRECTIONS TO COOK:
- Cut the chicken breast pieces into strips and put them in a large bowl.
- Now, add in salt, black pepper, egg, cornflour to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Next, heat a good amount of oil in a large skillet or pan. (for deep frying)
- Drop the chicken pieces slowly, one at a time and fry it in batches until golden brown over medium heat.
- Now, take out all the pieces and put a tablespoon of oil into the pan.
- Add in the garlic and chilli and stir fry briefly.
- Add the honey and stir it for a minute, followed by vinegar, soy sauce, water and a little bit of cornflour to thicken the sauce and bring it up to a boil.
- Add the chicken and capsicum and toss it for awhile to let the chicken heat through and for the sauce to coat it entirely.
- Finally, garnish it with chopped spring onions and toasted sesame seeds few minutes before switching off the stove.
- Serve hot.
Contributed by Pelhu Dolie.
Latest posts by kesangunuo (see all)
- Recipe | Beef Hide with Axone - October 11, 2017
- Recipe | Crispy Honey Chicken - September 15, 2017
- Recipe | Simple Bamboo Shoot Chutney - September 8, 2017