Today we are sharing the recipe of the most popular ‘egg curry’ – straight from a Naga kitchen. Anyone who is looking for a quick and wholesome homemade meal, this may be your tastiest option yet. So let’s get cooking!
- Mustard oil (as required)
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium size onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium tomato (Sliced)
- 1 capsicum (sliced)
- 100 gms curd
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 tsps Black pepper powder
- 2 tsps turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 2 tsps veg masala
Directions to Cook:
- Pour some oil in a pan, and lightly fry the boiled eggs (whole). After 2-3 mins, take out the eggs
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan, and put the sliced capsicums and tomatoes, and stir them well until soft. Take them out and make it into a paste
- Now add the curd, turmeric powder, vegetable masala, tomato & capsicum paste, ghee and sugar. Mix them well
- Add the slighly fried boiled eggs, and season with salt and pepper
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes
- In another pan, heat some oil and fry the thinly sliced onions, until it turns crispy and brown in color
- Add the brown onions to the egg curry.
Egg Curry with brown onions is ready to be served. Serve with steamed rice.
Contributed by Caroline Thong.