Any fans of Pennywort leaves? It’s known to be a medicinal plant – native to India and China, and is consumed across Asia especially India, Burma, Thailand. In Nagaland as well, the local people make salads out of these leaves. So today, we are sharing a salad recipe made with Pennywort leaves mixed with peanuts.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 200 grams of Indian Pennywort leaves
- 100 grams of peanuts
- 5-10 Green chillies
- 2 medium sized onions.
- 6-8 Cherry tomatoes.
- Salt to taste.
- Wash the pennywort leaves in running water, and make sure it’s thoroughly cleaned.
- Heat the pan and put a little oil and fry the peanuts for a minute or two.
- Chop the leaves into small pieces (1”) and keep them aside
- Finely chop the onions, chilies and tomatoes
- Next, grind the peanuts. Do not make it too fine – keep it coarse
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix it well.
- Add salt (as per your taste)
- The salad is ready to be served.
Serve the fresh salad with any meal you like.
Recipe contributed by Kesangunuo Kiewhuo