Today’s recipe is a Local Chicken dish cooked with sun dried bamboo shoot, contributed by Inali Jane Ayemi from Nagaland. A home based baker, dessert caterer and an amazing cook, she has been generous enough to R&L by sharing her food recipes for the third time, today. So without any further delay, let’s find out how she has prepared yet another amazing version of her dish..
Local Chicken cooked with Sun dried bamboo shoot is a delicious dry dish contributed by Inali Jane Ayemi, a food blogger and an amazing cook from Nagaland.
- 1 whole Local Chicken
- A handful of sun dried Bamboo shoot (not the shredded brown ones we get in the market)
- Onion (3), Garlic (1 bulb), Ginger (an inch long)
- Tomatoes (3 medium sized fully riped)
- Chilli powder (1 tbsp)
- Culantros (5-6 leaves)
- A handful of Chives
- Sesame Oil (1 tbsp)
- Salt to taste
Preparation of the dish :
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger
- Once the onions are translucent, add chopped tomatoes
- Add the sundried bamboo shoot (after boiling to soften a bit and sqeezing them dry)
- Add salt and chilli powder for taste.
- Add the chicken pieces, cover the lid and cook in low flame.
- Cook until the bamboo shoot and chicken gets tender.
- When it’s cooked, add cilantro and Chives
- Add a table spoon of sesame oil few minutes before turning the flame off.
And the Yummy Local Chicken Dish is ready to eat! Serve hot with bowl of steamed rice.
Latest posts by Shanmi (see all)
- RECIPE | Food Blogger Ksh Donny from Manipur Makes Japanese Onigirazu and Korean Kimbap using Local Black Rice - January 19, 2019
- “I am Often Intrigued by Stories Behind The Face of a Stranger – A Vague Glimpse of Which, is Often Shared Through a Glowing Eye” ~ Helivi Zhimomi - January 18, 2019
- “I Want to Put North East India on The Global Fashion Map” – Fashion Designer Reena Ahanthem from Manipur Talks About Her Fashion Aspirations and Next Moves - January 17, 2019