At Roots & Leisure, Saturday means recipe! Our readers share their own tried and tested recipes with us from easy breakfasts to heavy dinners. Today we have Ayhunle Lorin from Nagaland with the recipe of delicious fried silkworm dish. She says, “Silkworm are widely consumed in Nagaland although it may not be everyone’s cup of tea. There are different ways to cook it, according to individual’s preferences. Here, I’ve boiled and fried them.”
All it takes is some spices and silkworms to make this yummy dish.
The recipe of fried silkworm dish, contributed by Ayhunle Lorin from Nagaland
- Silk Worm ( 1kg )
- Chilli powder ( 3tbsp )
- Turmeric powder ( 2tbsp )
- Ginger and garlic paste ( 3tbsp )
- Roasted Machingagutti powder ( 2tbsp )
- Vinegar ( 2tbsp )
- Green Chillies ( 10pc )
- Oil (4-5 tbsp )
- Salt to taste
Preparations of the dish :
- Boil the Silkworm
- Cut it into small pieces
- Marinate with salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garlic, ginger, roasted machingagutti powder, vinegar and green chillies
- Heat the pan, add oil and the marinated silkworms. Fry it in low flame and keep the pan covered
- Keep stirring after every few minutes so that it does not get burnt
- Keep frying until it becomes semi-crispy and reddish in color.
And the delicious fried silkworm is ready to serve!
Latest posts by Shanmi (see all)
- Recipe | Learn How to Make The Famous Axone (Fermented Soyabean) From Nagaland - June 18, 2020
- A Chat With 19-Year-Old Keyicudauke Iranggau aka Keyi Zeliang, Passionate Singer From Nagaland - July 15, 2019
- Recipe of Mizoram’s Favourite Dish ‘Bai’ – Made With The Stalks Of Cauliflower | by Priya Iyer - July 13, 2019