Today, we have a special recipe by Lilia Jimomi who also runs an exclusive food account on her Instagram. Spicy Naga Fried Pork is one of her favorite recipes which she is sharing for the first time! The dish is made with traditional Naga ingredients, giving it a burst of flavor! With minimal ingredients and easy cooking, you can have a delicious Naga meal in just a few minutes.
1 kg sliced pork
1 tablespoon paprika
3 tablespoons local chili powder (Coarse ground)
2 cups water
1 tablespoon of ground Zanthoxylum powder (roast it in a pan for few minutes before grinding)
- Pour water in a cooking pot, add salt, pork and paprika for color.
- Once the water comes to a boil, cover and slow cook until the pork gets tender. You can add water little by little depending on the meat.
- Once the pork is tender, remove the cover.
- Cook the pork in medium heat, stirring occasionally until the water completely evaporates, and the pork starts frying in its own oil.
- Continue to fry the pork flipping it over until it turns golden brown.
- Remove the pork from the cooking pot, separating the excess lard emitted and transfer it to a bowl.
- Final step, which makes this dish stand out from the rest. Take a pan, add a few tablespoons of pork lard and heat until it’s hot. Turn off the gas, while the oil is still hot, add three tablespoon of coarse ground local chili powder, and 1 tablespoon of zanthoxylum powder.
- Give it a good mix and pour it to the pork .You may garnish it with fresh chopped green chilli, red chilli, or ginger leaves. Your spicy fried Naga pork is ready to be served.
- She Paints, She Crafts, and She Makes Funny Comics. Meet Jung Jathy from Nagaland - October 23, 2021
- She Turns Everyday Products Into Gorgeous Pieces of Art – Chat with Resin Artist Achila from Nagaland - September 16, 2021
- Chef Elna Yepthomi Talks About Her Journey From Nagaland to Australia & Her Love For Mixing Art With Food - December 2, 2019