Continuing with our wedding photograhy series, today we catch up with Vevozo Vero, a wedding photographer from Kohima, Nagaland who has a passion for immortalising life’s moments through a lens. Let’s watch him getting candid and know what inspired him to venture into the wedding genre!
- Hey Vevozo! Tell us something about yourself.
I’m from Phusachodu village under Phek district and now settled in Kohima. Back in the day as a kid, I always admire people with camera (Digital Reel Camera) so I have always dreamt of having one of my own someday. Back in 2011, I bought my first DSLR Canon 550D and then started capturing everything around me. My journey as a photographer began after I completed my Masters in Mass communication and Media Studies at St. Aloysius College, Mangalore back in 2013 though my specialization was in broadcast communication.
I am a Freelance Photographer, but also worked at Doordarshan Kendra Kohima (DD) as casual assignee (Post Production Assistant). I’m more into wedding photography but also shoot anything that attracts me. Apart from being a photographer, I also create music videos and video documentaries.
- What inspires you? How and from where do you take your dose of inspiration for your work?
I get inspired by the little and most general things in life. The people around me, the faces, nature and spiritualism. These are the things that inspire me the most.
- Why is wedding photography special for you? Share the most memorable wedding you have shot so far.
Nothing has ever been as challenging as photographing a wedding because I have to master every little of photographic disciplines and carry out each skill consistently (Still needs to learn many more). But I love photographing wedding because everything happens within the space of 6-8 hours, love, laughter, tears and pure joy and it is truly magical that the moment deserves to be immortalized. Every wedding is has its own unique way, challenging and memorable.
- What kind of packages are included in your wedding photography? How much do you charge?
Depending on the need of the client the packages varies. But usually I offer 2 different packages. One covering the entire wedding day which comes with the edited soft copies and Photo book. The second package also comes with the same package of the first one but here it includes pre & post wedding shoot and photo frames. Price starts from Rs.35,000/-.
- Do you travel across the county for assignments- or only in your town/city?
So far the wedding assignments are only within the state, but hope very soon I’ll go outside the state too for shoots.
Connect with Vevozo in case of any enquiry here.
Follow Vevozo’s work on Facebook and Instagram!
- Catching Up With Megosano Sakhrie – A Hand Lettering Artist from Nagaland - October 23, 2017
- Recipe | Diwali Special – Chocolate Barfis - October 18, 2017
- Spotting Fashion at the Ziro Festival of Music 2017 - October 16, 2017