Meandering through the lovely streets of Nagaland will land you in the most charming cafes. But beautiful interiors and cosy nooks aside, is it just us or have cafes stopped reinventing their menus of late? Imagine our surprise then when we discovered that Bangkok Cafe in Dimapur, claimed to offer an authentic taste of Thailand – right here in Nagaland. And the best part? It wasn’t a lie! It’s most likely because the owners are from Thailand. Let’s find out how they landed in Nagaland, and their journey thus far.
- Coming all the way from Thailand, what made you open up a cafe in Nagaland?
- What challenges did you face as a Thai entrepreneur here in India?
The biggest challenge is sourcing. Be it for raw materials like some special Thai ingredients or for important resources like our Thai chefs. We had to bring in all Thai ingredients and our chefs from Thailand to adhere to the pure authentic Thai taste that defines our brand. That is the biggest chunk of our operating costs.
- What’s so special and unique about Bangkok cafe?
The way we look at it, Thai food is purely a combination between art and science. Therefore, we feel that it’s kinda impossible that a non-Thai can cook real Thai food.
“The Thai food we serve here in Dimapur will be exactly the same as the food one gets served in Thailand. We help our patrons experience Thai culture through our interiors, presentation and especially the taste of pure Thai authentic food. However, we are trying very hard to keep the price as low as possible.”
We also offer a Karaoke system with the best sound system you can find in Nagaland. Karaoke is an important part of the Thai culture and is a popular form of entertainment in most Asian countries. This 1000 sqft room can be used to host private parties or other celebrations.
“The food is refreshing and doesn’t disappoint – especially loved the presentation. We enjoyed the comfortable seating, and the lovely view from the wide windows. Interesting bunch of people and such a quiet – yet lively place.”
Bangkok Cafe CBZZ Complex, 4th Floor, Near Green Park Junchion, 5th Mile, Dimapur,Nagaland
Latest posts by Kumti (see all)
- An Interaction with Basuri Choksi, the Interior Designer-turned-Artist from Ahmedabad - April 17, 2018
- Longwa Village in Nagaland Might Be Your Best Bet for a Quiet and Enriching Getaway - April 14, 2018
- “Travel Taught Me that We are all Explorers – Looking for our Life’s Purpose” Deepika from Mumbai Shares Her Travelling Stories - March 29, 2018