Weekend’s here and it’s time for amazing food recipe once again! We are happy to have generous contributors to share their homemade delicacies with us every Saturday. Today, we present to you a special dish, ‘Pan fried chicken thigh served with purple rice’ – by Thanyo Lungleng, passionate cook and home baker from Manipur. She said her dish is inspired by famous Japanese Tori Katsu. Let’s find out!
Thanyo’s dish ‘Pan fried Chicken thigh served with purple sticky rice’ inspired by Japanese Tori Katsu.
- Boneless chicken thigh (2 pieces)
- Sticky rice (2 cups)
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Ginger and Garlic paste (2 tbsp)
- Red dried chilli (4)
- Coriander (1 gm)
- Salt to taste
Directions to cook :
- STEP 1 : First marinate the boneless chicken thigh in salt, 1 tbsp paste of ginger and garlic overnight. Pan fry it in butter for about 20-30 mins on medium low heat (flip after every 5-10 mins)
- STEP 2 : For the sauce, add 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan then add the ginger and garlic paste (1 tbsp), red dried chilli, coriander, salt and mix fry them all. Pour the chicken stock (1 cup) and starch water (1 tbsp), cook for a while.
- STEP 3 : Add the properly washed sticky rice in a pressure cooker, pour water and make it whistle two times then put off the gas. Let the pressure come off on it’s own, only then open the lid.
Preparation of the dish :
- Pour the sauce in a plate
- Put the cooked sticky rice in the middle of the sauce
- Add the fried chicken thigh on top of the sticky rice.
- Lastly, garnish with a bit of lemon juice